Translation AssistanceTranslation Assistance for assistance in translating information on this and other pages, we invite you to usePara obtener asistencia en la traducción de información sobre esta y otras páginas, lo invitamos a utilizar Google Translate.Follow these steps:1. Click on the Select Language box located below Navigation links on the left.
2. Select Language
Your SafetyUnlike school buses, FRED buses do not stop traffic while at a bus stop. For your own safety, please do not cross the street in front of any bus or step out suddenly in front of any bus. Remember, buses need more distance to stop than passenger cars! While riding, never stand in the stairwell or ahead of the white line. If no seat is available, and you have to stand, always maintain a secure grip on the standee bar, as the bus may come to an unexpected or sudden stop. We welcome wheelchair-bound customers aboard FRED and are committed to their safe transport. Each bus is equipped with a chair lift and tie-down straps and belts. All wheelchairs and wheelchair-bound passengers MUST be properly secured using these devices whenever they travel on FRED. Our drivers have no discretion to permit wheelchair-bound passnegers to ride unsecured. FRED does not travel on unpaved roads or on dead end roads where there is inadequate room to turn around safely.
Accessible TransportationFRED provides accessible transportation to everyone by providing deviated fixed route bus service. All vehicles are equipped with wheelchair lifts. Drivers will assist persons on and off the bus when needed and make bus stop announcements regularly to make riding easier. Drivers are trained in passenger assistance, defensive driving, CPR, and wheelchair securement procedures to make your trip safe and enjoyable.
One Personal Care Attendant may ride for free. For more information on a PCA click here.
Route Deviation ServiceTo serve those who may need a little extra help accessing FRED's services, FRED will make modest deviations off its regular routes to provide curb-side service to its customers. We provide this service to all customers who may find it difficult to travel to our bus stops. As a general matter, where road conditions make it safe to do so, FRED will deviate from its regular routes by up to 3/4 miles to make special pick ups and drop offs. You must call us 24 hours in advance to schedule this special service. At that time, our dispatchers will determine whether we can provide the service and provide information about bus schedules. For first-time users of FRED's route deviation service, you will need to give us about a week to process your request. This will allow us time to evaluate your request to make certain that it falls within our guidelines (see above) and that our buses can safely provide the service. There are three available options for requesting a deviation.
1. Call FRED at 540.372.1222 and touch "0" at the prompt to schedule this special service.
2. Fill out a NEW deviation request form HERE.
3. Print the request form HERE and fill the request out and fax it to (540) 370-1637.FRED does not offer route deviation service on our morning and evening VRE Feeder Bus Service and our Eagle Express service due to their tight schedules and limited stops.
Help Us To Serve You Better
- Please ring the bell to let your driver know that you want to get off at the next stop and please remain seated until the bus comes to a full stop.
- No smoking, open beverages, or food are allowed on any FRED bus.
- No playing portable music on the bus without the use of earphones.
- When using cell phones, please keep your voice low and otherwise show courtesy to your fellow riders.
- All passengers must keep their heads, arms, and legs inside the vehicle at all times.
- Passengers must refrain from displaying rude or abusive behavior.
- Shirts and shoes are required at all times.
- Only board and exit the bus through the appropriate door.
- Violators will be prohibited from riding the FRED buses.